-
March 7th, 2006, 03:57 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I'm rather new to the whole "owning a del sol" thing, having just bought one a few months ago. Don't get me wrong, I've been a del sol enthusiast since I started noticing cars, but I was only able to acquire one just recently.
To make a long story short, some woman in my neighborhood put over 190,000 miles on her 1995 del sol s and then decided to put it on the market. I bought it for $1400 less than two days later, and now that I've gotten a job (I'm a full time student, too) I'd kinda like to make it into a nice machine again. There's a lot of work to be done under the hood that I'm going to start (slowly) taking care of, but she also put a rather sizeable dent in the passenger side door that I think would be too costly to fix. So I was just wondering if someone on this forum had a donor car with an undamaged passenger side door (preferably black, but I think I'll end up painting the car anyway, since it'll already be ruining my detailing job by replacing the door) that they would be willing to sell to me. Or, if you know where I can get one for a reasonable price, if you could turn me on to that venue I would appreciate it.
Thanks muchly.
-
March 7th, 2006, 07:04 AM
#2
Inactive Member
I also needed a del sol part and went to a junk yard. They have a program on their computers where they can type in the car you need and they tell you what junk yard has the car. Its easy and quick.
-
March 7th, 2006, 02:23 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I just so happen to have a passenger door, roughly just the door, no skin, mirror controls, and it even has tint. 35% to be exact. It is the Milano red color. What location are you abouts?
-
March 8th, 2006, 02:19 PM
#4
Inactive Member
I'm actually in Baltimore. Depending on your location I could road trip to you, since I've been itchin' for an excuse to take one.
-
March 8th, 2006, 02:26 PM
#5
Inactive Member
I'm actually in Baltimore. Depending on your location I could road trip to you, since I've been itchin' for an excuse to take one.
-
March 8th, 2006, 02:30 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Dammit. My wireless connection totally hosed me on that double-post. My apologies.
-
March 9th, 2006, 04:40 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Baltimore, guessing that's Massachusetts right? I'm in Lafayette OR. I'm thinking that's a bit too far for ya. This post is mainly for the Northwest.
-
March 9th, 2006, 03:37 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Actually it's in Maryland, but you know. And the distance I'm willing to travel depends on the expense of the door. Or we could ship it. I dunno man, but I've been known to do some very strange things.
Also, I've been checking around with junkyards and they all wanted over 350 bucks for a door. That's why I'm asking around here.
-
March 9th, 2006, 03:40 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Well, if your up for the trip. The door is pretty simple and not much to it. Glass, wires, and door. I'll part from it for $80. It's tinted at 35%.
-
March 9th, 2006, 04:29 PM
#10
Inactive Member
if i were you i would check out car-part.com you can look up local junkyards and find just about anything you need for any type of car.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks